Ice skating at the USCAs a USC member it is possible to skate unsupervised at IJshal de Vliet during fixed hours on Tuesday evenings from 20:15 to 23:15, at an attractive rate of €2.50 per time. Please note: You must register for this via the USC App.
Skating at the new ice rink IJshal De Vliet is not only a winter fun, but also an excellent way to stay fit. It offers an effective training for strengthening muscles and increasing your endurance. Take advantage of the physical benefits, enjoy the relaxation that it brings and meet fellow skating enthusiasts at this beautiful location. Add skating to your weekly sports routine and enjoy a workout on the ice.
At IJshal de Vliet everyone is welcome, from beginners to experienced. Whether you want to learn to skate, improve your technique, skate recreationally or even want to participate in competitions.
USC Subscription and skating
- You must be in possession of a valid USC subscription to be able to skate for the USC rate(€2.50) Ice skating through your membership is not possible with an inspiration pass.
- Reservations are mandatory in advance, see the registration rules.
- Access goes via the USC app by scanning the QR code at the reception of IJshal de Vliet.
- After payment of €2.50 at the front desk in IJshal De Vliet, you get access to the ice rink. Ice skates and helmet are not included, but can be rented.
- Ice skating is possible from January 16, 2024 to March 26, 2024.
- With a USC subscription you get a €2 discount on ice skate rental when you show the USC App.
IJshal De Vliet, Marie Diebenplaats 104, Leiden
|Rondbaan and Fun Baan
|Ice Skating freely
House rules IJshal De Vliet
- Ice skates and helmet can be rented.
- Gloves required, helmet (or at least hat) highly recommended.
- Skating is possible on the Rondbaan on the 1st floor and on the Fun baan (20x45) (not the ice rink under the Rondbaan).
- On the Rondbaan, skates other than Noren are not allowed.
- No racks, sleds, and alike are allowed on the Rondbaan.
- Only one -way applies on the Rondbaan: so only skate counterclockwise.
- Slow ice skaters on the inside of the Rondbaan fast riders on the outside.
- On the Rondbaan, overtaking is done on the right side of other skaters.
- Not sitting on the boarding.
- It is not allowed to go on the ice with shoes.
- It is not permitted to deliberately destroy or damage the ice floor.
- Phone use on the ice rink is prohibited.