At all locations of the University Sports Centre, everyone is required to follow to the rules below. Failure to do so may result in denied access to the USC locations, if the behavior of individuals gives reason to do so.
- Treat all individuals with respect and inclusivity.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on all University Sports Centre premises, both indoors and outdoors, as well as in all areas adjacent to and on the sports fields.
- Participation in sports activities, the use of sports equipment, and access to sports facilities while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, medicines, or substances classified as doping is not allowed.
- Hard drugs and soft drugs, as referred to in the Opium Act, are prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed (except service dogs).
- Ensure you wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Bare upper or lower body during sports activities is not permitted.
- 'Non-marking shoes' are required in the gyms and fitness areas.
- Only enter the artificial grass fields with suitable artificial grass shoes.
- Use a towel when entering the fitness and group classes.
- Empty your locker after use.
- Park your bicycle in the designated bicycle shed.
- Do not take glassware with you when exercising.
- Serving or consuming your own food and drinks during tournaments and group activities is not allowed, unless specific permission has been granted.
- Handle USC sports equipment with care and responsibility.
- Taking photos or other images of other sporters and visitors is not permitted.
- In case of an emergency, follow the instructions of USC employees.
The USC house rules complement the rules of Leiden University. You can consult the University's house rules for additional information here.