On entering the University Sports Centre (and Plex-Fit as part of the USC) you are required to observe the following rules:
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the USC terrain or in the USC buildings.
- It's forbidden to use hard drugs or soft drugs, as described in the Opiumwet, on the terrains of the USC.
- Apart from guide dogs, no pets are allowed anywhere on the USC terrain or in the USC buildings.
- Cars may only be parked in the designated spaces in the car park (i.e. not on the grass or elsewhere on the USC site).
- Bicycles may be parked only in the bicycle shed.
- It is not permitted to bring or distribute your own food and refreshments to the sports centre without prior permission from the management of the USC.
- Litter from food and refreshments must always be cleared away.
- Glass isn't allowed in the sport halls and fitness.
- Inside the USC you are required to have a valid sports membership if you want to use the USC facilities. If requested, the sports membership must be shown to the USC staff member on duty. Sports membership are personal and can't be used by others. Using someone else's sports membership is forbidden. Sports memberships will be blocked in case of abuse.
- Anyone can sign up at the USC and buy a day membership. With a day membership you can use the facilities of the sports centre the entire day, with the exception of the swimming pools. You'll have to pay the registration fee when first signing up.
N.B. The day-membership facility does not apply to members of the sports associations; they are required to have a valid annual membership.
- The minimum age for joining sports practice in the USC is 16 years of age.
Reservations tennis courts
- Prior tennis practice, the player has to book a court via the kiosk, www.dmsonline.uscleiden.nl or the My USC Leiden Sports App
- The USC requires suitable clothing to be worn during sports practice.
- In the fitness area as well as in the tennis court you are not allowed to take part in sporting activities stripped to the waist.
- In the fitness it is obliged to exercise with a towel. Towels can be rented at the Front Office.
- Non-marking shoes must be worn in all USC rooms. Outdoor shoes may not be worn when practicing sports in the sports rooms.
- For outdoor tennis, you do not have to wear specific tennis clothing, only sportswear and sneakers. Running shoes with studs and black soled shoes are not allowed on the courts.
- For spinning a towel and a water bottle are required.
- For admittance to the Budo Hall, only bare feet are allowed.
- You are allowed on the artificial grass only with the appropriate shoes.
- The Sports centre offers for members sports equipment for specific lessons and training , such as balls, and (boxing) gloves. External parties can rent the equipment. Everyone is expected to treat the Sports Centre material with the necessary care.
- After use, equipment such as table tennis equipment, balls, nets, etc., must be cleared away.
- Tennis and badminton rackets you can bring yourself or can be rented. Shuttles, table tennis balls and tennis balls you can bring yourself or are for sale at the Front Office.
- For USC judo lessons judo jackets can be borrowed.
The information on this website (www.uscleiden.com) has been made available by the University Sports Centre of Leiden University.
It is intended solely for information purposes.
The University Sports Centre makes every effort to ensure that this site is accurate and correct. However, the USC cannot guarantee the accuracy, the validity and the reliability of this site. Unfortunately, the information provided by the site may not always be accurate and correct at the point when you visit the site. The user should always check the accuracy of the information on this site with an authorised University Sports Centre staff member.
The University Sports Centre of Leiden University also retains the right to change items relating to the rules, policy and rates etc. without prior notification.
This website contains links to other websites. The University Sports Centre of Leiden University is not responsible for any other website nor for any links such websites may connect to. The University Sports Centre cannot check the content of these websites and is unable to guarantee the reliability or accuracy of the information provided by these links.