Yoga: Back to Basics at the USC
Important notice: Activities at the USC during this Pandemic are under strict conditions. Read the Rules and Conditions carefully.
In a demanding society there is often very little space or attention for oneself. This makes us easy targets for stress and exhaustion so that we are distracted from what we truly want, feel or are. That’s why, at the USC, you can participate in a variety of activities to achieve a better balance and coordination between mind and body.
Make sure you are on time. Once the class is started, it is no longer possible to join in.
Certain registration rules apply to our group classes and fitness training, which can be found on this page. Read them carefully.
|Day||Course unit||Course part||Start time||End time||Hall||Teacher|
|Saturday||Unit 4||Part 1||13:00||13:55||Hall A||Aurora|
|Saturday||Unit 5||Part 2||13:00||13:55||Hall A||Aurora|
Course Overview Part 1:
- Week 1: Introduction & lotus variations
- Week 2: Mountain pose & standing forward fold
- Week 3: High plank & low plank
- Week 4: Cobra & upward facing dog
- Week 5: Downward facing dog
- Week 6: Sun salutation A & breathing
- Week 7: Classical sun salutation
Course Overview Part 2 (Unit 5):
The Yoga Back to Basics part 2 focusses on a new series of postures. This course is a great addition to the Yoga Back to Basics course, but you are also welcome to join this course if you didn’t participate in the “part 1”.
- Week 1: Warrior 1 & high lunge
- Week 2: Warrior 2 & Extended Side Angle Pose
- Week 3: Warrior 3
- Week 4: Triangle Pose
- Week 5: Wide-Legged Forward Bend (Prasarita Padottanasana A, B, C & D)
- Week 6: Chair Pose (including twist variations)
- Week 7: Same, but different: Wide- Angle Seated Forward Bend (Upavistha Konasana) & Standing Big Toe Pose (Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana).