Yoga: Back to Basics at the USC
In a demanding society there is often very little space or attention for oneself. This makes us easy targets for stress and exhaustion so that we are distracted from what we truly want, feel or are. That’s why, at the USC, you can participate in a variety of activities to achieve a better balance and coordination between mind and body.
Make sure you are on time. Once the class is started, it is no longer possible to join in.
Certain registration rules apply to our group classes and fitness training, which can be found on this page. Read them carefully.
Cours schedule 2021-2022
Have you secretly been curious about what yoga can do for your body? We’ve got your back! In the course Yoga: Back to Basics we’re going to talk about just that. The course is taught by two of our experienced yogateachers and is fully focused on the physical postures that we use during our yoga practices. The course aims to answer the questions: What can asana do for your body, how to modify them for your personal needs and what kind of variations do the selected postures have? By using an extra pair of eyes and keeping the group size relatively small there’s more time, space and knowledge to go deeper into the selected asana (physically and in terms of knowledge) than in a regular yogaclass. Feel free to come and satisfy your curiosity during this course and explore the world of asana together!
Course Overview Part 1:
- Week 1: Introduction & lotus variations
- Week 2: Mountain pose & standing forward fold
- Week 3: High plank & low plank
- Week 4: Cobra & upward facing dog
- Week 5: Downward facing dog
- Week 6: Sun salutation A & breathing
- Week 7: Classical sun salutation
Course Overview Part 2 (Unit 5):
The Yoga Back to Basics part 2 focusses on a new series of postures. This course is a great addition to the Yoga Back to Basics course, but you are also welcome to join this course if you didn’t participate in the “part 1”.
- Week 1: Warrior 1 & high lunge
- Week 2: Warrior 2 & Extended Side Angle Pose
- Week 3: Warrior 3
- Week 4: Triangle Pose
- Week 5: Wide-Legged Forward Bend (Prasarita Padottanasana A, B, C & D)
- Week 6: Chair Pose (including twist variations)
- Week 7: Same, but different: Wide- Angle Seated Forward Bend (Upavistha Konasana) & Standing Big Toe Pose (Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana).