extra relaxations corona measures USC
starting from March 16
More good news! In the press conference on March 8, the cabinet gave more space to older athletes. From March 16, people aged 27 and older can exercise together outside with a maximum of four people on our courts and fields, provided that they keep a distance of 1.5 meters. This does not apply for competitions, only for training. This means that at the University Sports Center and at the student sports associations there are again more opportunities to do sports together.
Activities at our outdoor fitness will continue unchanged. We have a total of 4 fields of 5m x 6m. 2 people can play sports per field (of course with a minimum distance of 1.5 m and after registration). The outdoor fitness is open from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. You can register from 5.30 pm for the next day. During opening hours there is always a fitness employee present in the club building. Available for fitness: 8 x steps, 8 x club power sets, dumbbells up to 12 kg, 1 x battle rope, 2 x exercise ladders, 8 x mats, 4 x skipping ropes, 4 x elastics.
Student sports associations
- The training of the student sports clubs hockey, football, rugby, lacrosse, frisbee, tennis and beach volleyball is again possible for all teams. Members of teams who are 27 years or older may train in groups of 4 instead of 2, provided they keep 1.5m distance.
- Student sports association members will be informed about this via their association.
- Free single tennis for USC members is possible regardless of age.
- Tennis doubles is allowed for everyone, provided that players aged 27 and older keep a distance of 1.5m.
- Tennis classes are allowed on 2 courts with 8 participants, provided that players aged 27 and older keep a distance of 1.5m.
- Free beach volleyball is allowed from March 3 in larger groups. Maximum of 6 players per field, only when participants are members of the USC and all participants are younger than 27 years.
- For players aged 27 and older, 2 vs 2 is allowed provided players keep 1.5m distance.
Reservation of football / rugby field by USC members
- Reservation of the football / rugby field is possible for members of the USC, maximum of 12 members, all under 27 years old.
- Reservations can only be made by e-mail, email@example.com. Always provide names of all participants, first and last name.
Outdoor fitness The Hague
Participant numbers in The Hague will be increased to 4.
Outdoor fitness Plex
Also at Plexus there are a total of 2 fields on the courtyard. Here, two people can do sports per field (1.5 meters distance).
All these changes are in line with the rules as stated on:
Reservations for the activities can be made via the My USC Leiden Sports App or via www.dmsonline.uscleiden.nl.
See you soon!