LEIDEN MARATHON October 10 2021
On Sunday the 10th of October, the Leiden Marathon will take place! Out of all large Dutch running events, the Leiden Marathon will be the first one to occur since the start of the pandemic. With distances from 5k to the full marathon, every runner is welcome. Make sure to sign up. The University Sports Centre will play a role in the Leiden Marathon as well by supporting students and staff members.
Did you know that during Leiden Marathon, students will be competing against other students as part of the Dutch Student Championship? When you are a student and registering for Leiden Marathon, do not forget to mention that you are a student, as you will automatically participate in the Championship.
Website Leiden Marathon
Students and staff members of Leiden University and LUMC receive a free running shirt. These shirts are made with high quality materials and have a comfortable fit. How can you get these?
Make sure to pick up your runner-shirt on one of the following days:
- 4th of October from 16.00 to 19.00 at the Buzz. Located at the Beehive Student Centre, Turfmarkt 104 in The Hague.
- From 5th to 8 October at the USC main building, Einsteinweg 6 in Leiden. Check here for opening hours.
Please make sure to bring the following documents:
- Your personal email from Leiden Marathon addressed to you (proof of your registration)
- Students: student card of the current academic year
- Employees: LU-card of LUMC-card
- You can try on the shirts in a changing room.
- The shirt can only be picked up by the participant themselves.
- You cannot make a reservation for a shirt.
- Shirts are only available while stocks last. If we run out of shirts, we will hand out the remaining shirts of previous editions. There is a chance you might receive one with the 444-anniversary logo.
Gathering place at Plexus for staff members Leiden University en LUMC
For staff members there will be a gathering place on the 10th of October at studentcentre Plexus, Kaiserstraat 25. Plexus is located seven minutes from the start. From 09.00 onwards, staff members can here:
- Take the time to go to the toilet
- Store bags
- Pick up runner-shirt if you have not already done so
- Change clothes and take a shower at Plex-fit
- There is also coffee/tea/fruit/sports drinks available for you
- Of course meet colleague-runners!
Signing up is not necessary.
Make sure you have your LU-card or LUMC-card with you. This can be requested.
The care is made possible in patr by Halthy University
Reimbursement on your registration fee for students with a USC year membership
For student participants of the Leiden Marathon 2021, the University Sports Centre will reimburse € 5,-.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Only members with a valid USC student year membership on the 10th of October 2021 can apply for the reimbursement.
- The participant needs to adhere to the rules and regulations of the Leiden Marathon.
- The participant needs to send an email to the email@example.com mailbox before the 24th of October 2021 with the following documents attached:
- Proof of registration (the Leiden Marathon email addressed to you)
- Proof of participation (a print screen of the online results webpage)
- Full name, date of birth, address, and IBAN-code
- The reimbursement will be granted after the Leiden Marathon has finished and participation has been confirmed.
- The USC decides who will receive the reimbursement. The USC reserves the right to not grant or revoke the reimbursement.